Certain memories of an age old legacy would exude a sacred scent in the minds of a generation, who have ever got a chance to get into an association with it.
St.Thomas Hospital, Chethipuzha, Changanassery is a rich legacy with its fragrance lingering though generations. Generations beginning from 1951, cherish the unique medical care flavored with humanitarian services rendered by this magnificent medical institution. The Sacred Scent would tell numerous tales of how this glorious hospital, the pivotal medical care in the Central Kerala, has touched millions of lives by dedicated care and excellent quality. The story is a blend of excellence and solace, quality and care, perfection and love. The year 1953 witnessed the humble beginning of St.Thomas Hospital in the form of a 20 bedded clinic with one doctor, founded by the first Archbishop of Changanassery Archdiocese Mar Mathew Kavukattu the holy visionary on behalf of the Archdiocese of Changanassery .
The emergence of St.Thomas into one of a kind, full-fledged, multi-specialty hospital has been phenomenal. Today, the Hospital comprises The St.Thomas Hospital, St. Thomas Heart Institute, St.Thomas Institute of Research on Venous Diseases, St. Thomas College of Allied Health Science, St. Thomas College of Nursing & St. Thomas School of Medical Lab Technology.
With a phenomenal bed- strength of 420, 29 specialized departments, 73 doctors, 650 plus supporting staff with Siemens make Artis Pure Cath Lab, 1.5 Tesla MRI Scan, G E Revolution EVO 128 Slice CT Scanner, Echo Cardiograph & Colour Doppler Scan, X-RAY, ECG, Endoscopy, 24 hour Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology & Emergency services and several other modern facilities, St.Thomas Group enjoys the enviable reputation of the center of medical excellence in Central Kerala. The vision that radiates in every service rendered at St. Thomas Hospital is to impart to every suffering life, ‘Life in Abundance ’as promised by our guiding Light, Jesus Christ. This vision to revive every life with life in abundance and thus leading the society into a knowledge society is accomplished by means of unparalleled technical excellence and dedicated care that brings the solace and the joy of health.
Alphonsa Hostel (Home Away from Home)
Hygienic and furnished hostel facilities for girls is available in the campus under the supervision of nun sisters. Hostel is adequately supplied with 24 hrs water purifier, generator and water cooler. Students enjoy delicious, quality and homely vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Menu is prepared by the students to satisfy the taste of all students. Other facilities available in the hostels are recreation room with TV and Spacious room to conduct indoor game.
Hostel students lead their life with full of comfortable zone. Warden, Assistant Warden and Resident Tutors are available in the hostels to look after the welfare of the student
Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations are framed to ensure that the student residing in the hostel is comfortable in a conducive environment for healthy living in a well disciplined manner. maintained amongst the hostlers. The hostel is considered as an extension of the college and observance of rules and regulations of the hostel is compulsory for all the inmates. The students are required to abide by these Rules and Regulations
- Students are instructed to keep their rooms, verandah and surrounding areas clean and tidy all the time and shall not throw anything anywhere except in the dustbin or the place specifically provided for the said purpose
- Warden or the teachers may check/inspect any room or students belonging in the presence of the students at any time.
- Students should not keep any medicines in their rooms, except during illness.
- Parents are requested to report the health condition of their ward at admission time including food and drug allergies.
- If the students are under treatment or taking any medications during admission time, warden should be informed for the same
- No visitors should be entertained by the students during college hours, only with the permission of concerned authority they are permitted to see the visitors.
- Parents/ Guardians of the students are permitted to meet the students during the prescribed visiting hours.
- No student shall take any visitor including parents to the room.
- In case of appointment of local guardians, their entire personal data along with the photograph will have to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Students are permitted to go during 2nd Saturday every month apart from Scheduled holidays.
- Mobile phones are allowed and students can use their mobiles on prescribed day and time
- Students should utilize at least one hour library daily after class hours and on Sundays.
- Students who want to go out from College Campus seek prior permission from Principal and Hostel Warden.
- Student is personally responsible for safety of their all valuables and these should be kept under lock and key.
- The Student should not leave mobile, ornaments and other valuables unguarded.
- The lights in the bathroom should be used only as and when necessary and shall be switched off, when the bathroom is not in use.
- While leaving the room, students should take care to switch off the lights and fans without fail. In case of default on this account reasonable fine per default occasion will be imposed by the authorities.
|Breakfast||7.00am to 7.30 am
| Lunch|| 12.30 am to 1.30 pm
|Tea||3. 30 pm to 4-30 pm
|| Dinner ||7.30 pm to 8.30 pm
These timings shall be strictly adhered by all hostellers.
- The students should be decently dressed when they are out of room.
- Strict silence shall be observed in hostel from 10.30 pm to 5.30 am. Care shall be taken to ensure that loud talking is NOT audible outside the room. Any manner of festivities and noise making/celebrations, which may cause disturbance to other inmates in the hostel premises, will not be allowed.
- No wet clothes should be dried on the furniture or in corridors/ balconies.
- The student shall treat the staff and housekeeping staff of the Hostel with due courtesy at all times.
- Ragging in any form is strictly BANNED. It is a punishable offence and violation will invite action as per law of the land. Accepting/undergoing ragging and not reporting this is also an offence. Students should report any such incident immediately to any member of the Anti-Ragging Committee / Warden at any time of the day / night.
- If any common property is lost/damaged/disfigured, the loss will be recovered from the students, in equal share, who are responsible for the damage or loss. In case the damage/loss cannot be pinpointed to student(s), then collective fine to recover the loss will be levied by the authorities.
Sickness of Students
Initial health services are available to all students. Report the first sign of any ill health. If becomes ill in the hostel, report to Warden, in the class room report to class co-coordinator, in clinic report to the instructor and seek the medical aid.
Library of St. Thomas college of Nursing has a wide collection of Nursing and Medical Literature, including Books, national and international Journals, Reference Sources and pamphlets.
- To foster acquisition of new knowledge and experiences that enhance critical thinking leadership skills, visual and real sensitivity, and social integrity.
- To help students to use all forms of available materials in and acquire desirable social attitude and responsibility that will help them in their spiritual and moral development.
- To disseminate timely, accurate and current health sciences information to students and faculty.
- To support and facilitate learning, teaching, research and administrative activities of the college by providing access to appropriate literature and information resources.
- To create an appropriate and comfortable environment that encourages the full personal and professional development of students & staff.
Timings :- 8am to 5 pm on all working days
Advanced Skill Lab
Child Health Nursing
Community Health Nursing